Cheese! It's Family Photo Time!
In the next couple weeks, there are going to be a lot of pictures taken! Here are our tips for taking good family photos!
1. Clean, healthy teeth! - We are a dentist office...of course this would be our first one!
2. Make sure you pick a time where everyone is rested, well fed, and generally in a good mental place. Trying to scramble to get "the photo" when there are little ones that need a nap or are hungry is asking for disaster.
3. Take candid shots! These are generally the ones, I personally, love the most. Set shots are great for displaying, but the candid ones really get everyone's true nature. They also are great for documenting the moments. If there is someone in your family that has a good "photo eye", designate them as the picture taker...but be sure to take photos of that person, too!
4. I read a tip online (sorry...didn't catch the site) that you should try to avoid saying, "Cheese!" and say, "Uh!" with a smile instead. The "cheese" smile can look a little forced after a while.
5. Smile with your eyes and be natural!
6. Photoshop! In the above picture, we have Photoshopped our brother who lives out-of-state in the picture. This was meant more for the "ha ha" factor, but it can be done to look more natural.
7. Don't just keep the photos on the memory card! There are great free sites out there where you can upload your pictures, create albums and send to a local store to be printed for a great price. These places usually have great deals and online coupons, too.
Whether you set up a tripod in the family room, get a professional, or just snap away...we hope that a few of these tips help you get ready for next week. If you have tips, we would love to hear from you!
We hope that you all have a wonderful, safe Christmas and New Year!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Ali Jones, D.D.S. - Dentist